An entire work of art
The Elbphilharmonie has emerged from a place of great historical significance: in the Sandtor Dock. In 1875, the Kaiserspeicher – which was the biggest warehouse at the time at the Hamburg dock – was built here. Cocoa, tobacco and tea were stored here until the ’90s.
The opening ceremony for the Elbphilharmonie took place on 11 January 2017; the guests included a number of high-profile guests from the worlds of politics and culture. The NDR Elbe Philharmonic Orchestra gave its first concert in the main hall, under its chief director Thomas Hengelbrock.
THERMAX® has secretly been protecting and safeguarding the entire work of art ever since.
Building period: 2013 – 2017
Application: F90, trapeze profile roof 1.700 m²
Developer: Hochtief AG
Processed by: Kaefer Construction GmbH